On Wednesday, the 14th, Caixa Econômica Federal (CEF) promoted the draw for contest 2,548 of the Mega-Sena. The prize pool was around R$ 135 million. According to the bank, a bet made in Belo Horizonte (MG) was the only one to hit the six tens drawn and received R$ 134,811,174.29.
The dozens drawn were: 09-15-23-25-29-30. The contest took place at 8 pm, Brasília time, with a live broadcast on Caixa’s social networks. According to the institution, if the main prize winner invests the entire amount in savings, he will receive R$ 828,700 in income in the first month.
In addition to the main winner, another 186 bets hit five tens, earning R$ 36,544.82 each, and 12,011 bets hit four tens, receiving R$ 808.46 each.
The next Mega-Sena prize will be drawn on Saturday, the 17th. Bets can be placed until 7 pm (Brasília time) at Caixa-accredited lottery shops throughout the country or online. The value of the single bet, with six tens marked, costs R$ 4.50.
The gross premium is equivalent to 43.35% of the collection. Of this percentage:
- 35% are distributed among the winners of the 6 numbers drawn (Sena);
- 19% among those who correctly match 5 numbers (Quina);
- 19% among those who match 4 numbers (Quadra);
- 22% are accumulated and distributed to those who match the 6 numbers in the contests ending in 0 or 5.
- 5% are accumulated for the first bracket – sena – of the last contest of the year ending 0 or 5 (Mega da Virada).
If there are no winners in any bracket, the amount accumulates for the next contest, in the respective award bracket. Remembering that the winner has three months after the contest date to claim payment of the prize.
After this period, the amounts are forwarded to the national treasury for investment in the Higher Education Student Financing Fund (Fies).