World Cup: Brazil has better odds against Croatia than Portugal against Morocco
Photo: Reprodução / @FifaWorldCup

The Brazilian team is more favorites against Croatia than Portugal against Morocco, according to sports betting sites. The Brazilians are the main favorites in the quarterfinals of the World Cup, advancing to the semifinals. The odds are also higher than Argentina against Holland and France against England.

Even though the Croatians are the current world runners-up, Brazil has a 69% chance of winning the game (against 57% for Portugal, 43% for Argentina and 39% for France). Even a tie (20%) is more likely than an opponent’s victory (11%), according to the guesses made so far.

The percentages were calculated by InfoMoney based on the “odds” of 3 bookmakers. If they overcome Croatia, Brazil will again play in a Cup semifinal after eight years, the last one was against Germany, in the vexing 7-1. opponent will come out of Argentina x Netherlands.

World Cup quarterfinals

  • Croatia x Brazil: Friday (9) at 12h;
  • Argentina x Netherlands: Friday (9) at 4 pm;
  • Morocco x Portugal: Saturday (10) at 12h;
  • France and England: Saturday (10) at 4 pm.

Croatia vs Brazil

A win for Brazil pays odds between 1.36 and 1.38 (this means that if you bet R$100 and get it right, you get your money back plus R$36 or R$38). A draw pays between 4.50 and 4.80 and an unlikely win for Croatia, up to 9.00 (900% stake).

Photo: Reproduction / @FifaWorldCup

Netherlands vs Argentina

The Argentines are favorites to eliminate the Netherlands with a 43% probability. A draw has a 30% chance of happening and a Dutch victory is the least likely outcome (27%), according to bookmakers.

The game, which repeats the 2014 semifinal and the 1978 final, a victory for the team led by Messi yields odds between 2.15 and 2.20. A draw pays between 3.00 and 3.20 and a Dutch win pays up to 3.60.

Photo: Reproduction / @FifaWorldCup

England vs France

In the match between England and France, the current world champion is the favorite, but with a 39% probability. The draw has a 29% chance of happening and an English victory, 31%, showing the balance of the duel. A French win pays odds between 2.35 and 2.40, a draw pays between 3.00 and 3.30 and an English win between

Photo: Reproduction / @FifaWorldCup

Morocco vs Portugal

Portugal enters the field as favorites to get a place in the semifinals, however, Spain was also in the round of 16 and was dispatched by the Moroccans on penalties. The Portuguese thrashed Switzerland by 6 to 1, while Cristiano Ronaldo was in reserve. Portugal has a 57% probability of beating Morocco.

A draw registers a 26% chance of occurring and a Moroccan victory, only 17% (but the probability against Spain was even lower, and even so the Africans advanced). Therefore, the Portuguese triumph has odds between 1.60 and 1.66, while the draw pays between 3.50 and 3.70 and a Moroccan victory, between 5.25 and 5.75.

Photo: Reproduction / @FifaWorldCup

Brazil title odds at the World Cup

So far, Brazil remains the clear favorite to lift the cup in Qatar on December 18, according to the betting sites consulted. Argentina and France appear right behind, followed by Spain and England. Of these selections, only Spain has already been eliminated.

Based on the country odds, the quantitative team from XP’s research area calculated the probability of each selection being champion. By this criterion, Brazil has a 19.28% chance of winning six times, ahead of Argentina (13.34%), France (10.84%), Spain and England (tied in 4th place with 9.64 %).

In the sequence, Germany (7.23%), the Netherlands (5.42%) and Portugal – tied with Belgium (5.10%), which also already said goodbye to the tournament. Brazil’s rival this Friday, Croatia had only a 1.70% chance of being champion before starting the Football World Cup.

Morocco, the big surprise so far, had only 0.29%. If the Africans keep the title, those who bet on the unlikely victory would receive another 300 times the amount invested.