Champions League
Imagem: UEFA / Divulgação

The draw for the quarter-finals of the 2023/24 UEFA Champions League, held in Nyon, Switzerland, last Friday (15), defined the clashes that promise to shake up the football betting world. The matches will take place in April, on the 9th, 10, 16 and 17.

Game-by-game analysis

Arsenal x Bayern de Munique

Arsenal appear as favorites to win the first quarterfinal clash against Bayern. There is a 46% chance of victory for the English team. The German team has a 27% chance of winning the first leg in London.

Thus, the chances of a draw are also high, at 27%. Regarding who qualifies for the next stage, Arsenal have a 51% chance of going to the semi-finals against Bayern’s 49%. In other words, total balance.

Atlético de Madrid x Borussia Dortmund

The scenario is very similar for Atlético de Madrid and Borussia Dortmund. The Spanish team has a 46% chance of winning the first match against the German team’s 27% chance. The chances of a draw are also 27%.

But in the long term, the favorite team to advance to the semi-finals is Atlético de Madrid with a 54% chance against 46% for Bayern.

Real Madrid x Manchester City

For this confrontation there is a slight favoritism on the part of the English. Manchester City has a 38% chance of winning the first leg, even playing away from home. However, Real Madrid are not that far behind and enter the field with a 35% chance of winning. The chances of a draw are 27%.

Therefore, the Manchester team emerges as the favorite to qualify for the semi-finals with a 65% probability, versus 35% for Real Madrid.

PSG x Barcelona

The French have slight favoritism in the confrontation against the Spanish. PSG appears with a 38% chance of winning in the first leg, against 31% for Barcelona. The chances of a draw are the highest among the quarterfinal clashes, at 31%.

Regarding who qualifies for the next phase, PSG has a 51% chance against Barcelona’s 49%.

Champions League games can bring surprises

Rivaldo, Betfair ambassador and 2002/03 UEFA Champions League winner with Milan, singled out Barcelona as the team that could surprise in the quarter-finals. But the star still believes that Pep Guardiola’s team remains favorites.

Image: Rivaldo (Betfair / Disclosure)

“I think the Champions League is being very exciting this season. All teams that passed are capable of winning the title. I can even tell you that Manchester City are the favorites again, because of the way they play, because of how long they’ve been together.

“But Barcelona’s victory this week gave me hope. I think many doubted Barcelona and the team reached the quarter-finals again. So, it will be a very interesting final stretch for those who love football and the Champions League”, he added.

Check out the favorites for the 2023/24 UEFA Champions League title according to Betfair:

1st – Manchester City with 32% chance of winning the title (odds of 2.75)

Arsenal with 15% (6.0)

Real Madrid with 13% (7.0)

Bayern de Munique with 11% (8.0)

PSG with 10% (8.5)

Barcelona with 8% (11.0)

Atlético de Madrid with 7% (13.0)

Borussia Dortmund with 4% (23.0)

Therefore, the games promise a lot of excitement and are a unique opportunity for football fans to closely follow the sport’s stars in action.