Betfair points favorites to win in the Copa do Brasil and Sudamericana
Photo: Cesar Greco/Palmeiras

The week promises great definitions for Brazilian football in 2023. Brazilian teams enter the field for the first leg of the South American Playoffs in an attempt to remain in the continental competition.

This Wednesday, the 12th, the emotion increases with the last games of the quarterfinals of the Copa do Brasil – that is, now it is to win or regret the elimination. Betfair, a specialist in odds and sports betting, analyzed each of the clashes in the two tournaments and points out which Brazilian teams should win in the next few days. Check out!

Botafogo in the South American Playoffs

Botafogo enters the field as favorite against Patronato, from Argentina, at 19h.

According to Betfair’s analysis, the club is the favorite even away from home and has a 49% chance (odd of 1.91) to play in Rio de Janeiro with the advantage of a draw.

Betfair points to the Argentine team with a 23% chance of winning (odd 4.0) and a 28% chance of a draw (odd 3.4).

Playing at home, Grêmio must overcome the Bahia

Also at 7 pm this Wednesday, the 12th, Grêmio and Bahia enter the field for the second leg of the quarterfinals of the Copa do Brasil, after a 1-1 draw last week.

However, according to Betfair, the team from Rio Grande do Sul is the big favorite in the match with a 62% chance of winning (odd of 1.54).

Bahia, on the other hand, has only a 16% chance of winning (odd of 6.0) in the bookmaker’s analysis.

The probability of a tie is 22% (odd 4.2), which would lead to the definition of penalties.

Every result is possible between Athletico-PR and Flamengo at Arena da Baixada

At 9:30 pm this Wednesday, the 12th, Athletico-PR receives Flamengo, in an attempt to reverse the 2-1 defeat in the first leg for the Copa do Brasil. Betfair’s odds analysis points to a wide game, with no clear favorite.

There are 37% chances of victory for Athletico-PR (odd of 2.55), 30% of a draw (odd of 3.2) and 33% of chances of victory for Flamengo (odd of 2.8).

Palmeiras should take definition to penalties at Allianz against São Paulo

After losing 1-0 at Morumbi, the Alviverde team receives São Paulo this Thursday, the 13th, in dispute for a place in the semifinals of the Copa do Brasil.

According to Betfair’s analysis, Palmeiras is favorite to win the game with 60% favoritism (odd of 1.55), against 17% of the São Paulo tricolor (odd of 5.5).

The probability of a draw in the game is 23% (odd 4.0).

Betfair still indicates high chances of the game going to penalties since the most likely result is 1-0 for Palmeiras in normal time, with an 18% chance (odd of 5.5).

On Saturday, Corinthians should avenge the defeat against América-MG

To close the quarterfinals of the Copa do Brasil, Corinthians receives América-MG, in Itaquera, after the defeat in the first leg, by 1 to 0, in Belo Horizonte.

However, the odds indicate that now the game is different.

According to Betfair’s analysis, Timão enters the field as favorites with a 55% chance of victory (odd of 1.7), against 20% of the Americans (odd of 4.75). The probability of a draw is 25% (odd 3.7).

Unlike the other games in the competition, this match takes place on Saturday (14) due to both teams having commitments during the week for Sulamericana.

About Betfair

One of the largest online sports betting providers in the world, Betfair is the official sponsor of the Cruzeiro and Palmeiras teams.

The company pioneered the provision of peer-to-peer betting and manages a full suite of sports betting, entertainment events and online gaming products for over four million customers aged 18+ worldwide.

Thanks to its state-of-the-art technology, the platform offers a wide catalog of products that allows you to bet with your own odds and odds offered by other users.

Betfair is licensed to operate online betting and other gaming in 19 countries including Spain, Italy, Malta, Colombia and Great Britain.