After viewing and evaluating the most beautiful sports footage of the year to determine the nominees for the Georges Bertellotti Golden Podium Award, the SPORTEL Awards pre-selection committee, made up of a panel of experts, made its decision after intense deliberation.
In addition, the committee also took into account a major review of the beautiful sports books submitted by the most prominent international publishers for the Renaud de Laborderie Sports Book Prize, sponsored by the Monegasque Olympic Committee.
This year’s work, in both divisions, was of high quality and the debates around the official decision were extremely enriching, having considered several issues, such as:
- The best slow motion sequences highlighting the emotion of the sporting moment;
- The documentaries giving new perspectives on the sport;
- The documentary that best highlights a discipline, event, team or sports personality;
- The best sequences involving an innovation in production, direction or format for the Innovation Award, as well as those that best promote a sports program or sporting event for the Promotion Program Award;
- The best sports-related ads for the Advertising Award – Blachas Cristãs, sponsored by A. S. Monaco Basket – Equipe Roca.
TV channels, production companies, agencies, international federations, all submitted their most beautiful video productions to this competition that has become a reference in the sector. The most beautiful images of basketball, football, rugby, field hockey, MMA, mountain biking, the Beijing Winter Olympics, the last World Championships in Athletics, the Paralympic Games and all major sporting events were represented.
The five beautiful books reviewed in the official selection of the SPORTEL Awards will compete for the trophy, an original sculpture by Didier Noisetier, check out the contestants below:
- Vertige tout terrain: a book dedicated to the French cycling adventurer, Kilian Bron, as a true funambulist with spectacular images of his most vertiginous descents;
- Neige spectaculaire: a breathtaking writing to the world from above, with photos by great photographers;
- The Fight: A stunning tribute to the 1974 boxing match between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman in Kinshasa, including Norman Mailer’s story and stunning photography by Neil Leifer and Howard L. Bingham;
- Road to NBA: a true journey through the great cities of American basketball, it should surprise the jury with its rich content and original presentation;
- L’œil du sport: with the 200 most beautiful photos of ‘L’Équipe’ told by its authors, it is a photographic bible that cannot be ignored.
The jury, chaired by Georges St-Pierre, two-time UFC MMA World Champion and a member of the UFC Hall of Fame, considered the greatest fighter in history, will be challenged to choose among the selected works.
The jury brings together several sports personalities from very different backgrounds, such as: Arthur Bauchet, three-time Paralympic champion in alpine skiing; Robert Colle, vice president of the Monegasque Ski Federation, representing the Monegasque Olympic Committee; Michael Payne, an avant-garde in sports marketing who has been responsible for the IOC’s worldwide broadcasting rights for two decades; Philippe Sella, the former French XV international rugby player; Sarah Ourahmoune, Olympic boxing runner-up, representing CNOSF; Stéphane Le Goff, a great reporter for Canal+ who has covered several editions of the Olympic Games and a dozen World Cups in numerous sports, and finally the international footballer, Eliaquim Mangala.
The 2022 winners will be announced at the prestigious awards ceremony on 24 October at Monaco’s Grimaldi Forum, in the presence of numerous Olympic and world champions and celebrities from a wide range of sporting disciplines.
The SPORTEL Awards is now an event that has become part of a busy international sporting calendar. It is an opportunity for sports fans to experience unique moments with renowned sports personalities through various organized public events, including exclusive exhibitions, conferences and meetings and even book signings.
An event that knows how to show the beauty of all sports.
Check the list of confirmed companies by clicking here
To follow the Full Program click here
Be part of this great event and register by clicking here