Wynn Resorts is the first operator on the Las Vegas Strip to return to full capacity

Published on
by
Wynn Resorts is the first operator of the Las Vegas Strip to return to full capacity

Wynn Resorts has announced that its two Las Vegas Strip casinos – Wynn and Encore – will return to their full public service capacity immediately.

The group said it had received authorization to operate at 100% of its capacity from the Nevada Gaming Control Board after reporting that 88% of its employees were vaccinated against Covid-19.

As such, the company becomes the first on the Las Vegas Strip to return to full service throughout the state of Nevada since the Covid-19 pandemic caused all casinos to close in March 2020.

However, masks will still be required inside casinos, but all clearance and acrylic partition requirements will be removed from table and slot games.

“Our employees and guests will continue to follow health and safety guidelines, including wearing a mask, to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for everyone,” it appears in an official statement from Wynn.

Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak said last month that the state’s casinos could operate at 80% capacity as of May. In addition, the governor said he was optimistic that all casinos would be operating at 100% capacity by June 1.

However, the gambling regulator issued a note stressing that the release to resume full capacity would be linked to the collective efforts of companies to vaccinate their employees.

Wynn Resorts, in turn, responded to the statement with an additional incentive for all employees to be vaccinated or submit a negative weekly test to continue working on the venture.

About Wynn Resorts

Wynn Resorts Limited is headquartered in the city of Paradise, in the US state of Nevada. The group is dedicated to the management and operation of casinos and hotels. The business was founded in October 2002 by former Mirage Resorts president Stephen A. Wynn.